Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 Now Available
I would like to share an exciting announcement about the release of new MDT 2013 Update 1 from MDT engineering team site.
The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 Update 1 released on August 17, 2015 and is now available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
This update requires the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, it is also available for download on the Microsoft Hardware Dev Center.
The MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview release is no longer available.
Significant changes in MDT 2013 Update 1:
- Support for the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10
- Support for deployment and upgrade of Windows 10
- Support for integration with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 with the Windows 10 ADK (see this post on the Configuration Manager Team blog for more information on using the Windows 10 ADK with Configuration Manager)
Here is a more detailed list of some specific changes in this release:
- Support for new Enterprise LTSB and Education editions of Windows 10
- Support for modern app (.appx) dependencies and bundles
- Improved support for split image files (.swm)
- Switched to using DISM for imaging processes (instead of deprecated ImageX)
- Deployment Workbench revisions for deprecated content
- Enhanced accessibility within the Deployment Workbench
- Revised lists of time zones, regions and languages in the Deployment Wizard
- Removed Start menu shortcut for “Remove PXE Filter”
- Several MVP recommended fixes for Windows Updates, password handling, and PowerShell cmdlets
- Added missing OOBE settings to Unattend.xml
- Unattend.xml default screen resolution changed to allow for automatic scaling
- Updated task sequence binaries from System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1
- New GetMajorMinorVersion function for integer comparison of Windows version numbers
Thanks Team !